Wednesday, May 28, 2008

More Fun in the Sun - Orlando, Florida!

For the long Memorial Weekend we decided to go back to Orlando to use more of our Disney passes as they expire July 3rd. This time we went to Disney's Blizzard Beach water park, Disney's Animal Kingdom, and Sea World's Aquatica water park. Before visiting Blizzard Beach we had a little time to be "goofy" at Downtown Disney. We are both loving the water parks lately and Blizzard Beach was no exception. In fact I liked the slides better there than any of the water parks I've been to so far.

At the Blizzard Beach, I was able to conquer my fear of going down the "Summit Plummet" slide. This is a 120 foot slide that goes straight down and produces a massive Wedgie!! I have been afraid of slides like this since I went down one during Junior-high. One reason is because I am afraid of falling and the other is the wedgie part. At that time in Junior-high my friends made fun of me because I got a huge wedgie (that I did not want to pick). You see, back in Junior-high I was trying to look cool and even though I had a white T-shirt over my bathing suite, I did not realize that it was see-through when wet!!

The slide at Blizzard Beach was even higher and I still managed to take the plunge and overcome my fear of falling and at the end had no problem fixing my wedgie before walking away :) Overall, as far as water parks go, I still love
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon (where we went last time) because of the atmosphere and the variety of different things to do .

We went back to Animal Kingdom to see some things we missed the last time we visited and also got a caricature of ourselves for fun! To top our weekend off we could not resist a visit to Sea World's new water park called Aquatica. We had fun at Aquatica but it was not as big as Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach, so in some ways it was disappointing. It was also disappointing because they have a slide that goes under the water where the dolphins swim, and for a brief moment you go through a clear tube. But this is only for a split second for an opportunity to see the dolphins and they were not around the slide when people went down it. It was like the lottery, whether you will see the dolphins or not and Uday and I did not win this one!! I did notice that they had a nice section for kids so that might be good for those of you who have kids and will be in the Orlando area and want to take your kids for a fun day at the water park. Overall, we had a very fun and relaxing weekend and enjoyed all of the parks we visited.

Click on the picture below to see more pictures of our visit to Down Town Disney:


Click on the picture below to see more pictures of our visit to Disney's Blizzard Beach:


Click on the picture below to see more pictures of our visit to Disney's Animal Kingdom (our second visit):


Click on the picture below to see more pictures of our visit to Sea World's Aquatica water park:


No comments: